Prepare for IkPas
On March 6, you put your alcohol consumption on a break. 40 days of 'not drinking a drop'. For some a cinch, for others it will be more difficult. Good preparation is half the job. We are happy to give you some tips so that you can get off to a flying start.
– Try to reduce your alcohol consumption in the coming period. Then the transition is smaller.
– Invite your partner, family, friends and colleagues to participate. If you have one or more buddies, it's easier.
– Whether or not they participate: tell as many people in your area as possible that you will not drink a drop from 6 March. Some social control can help you keep it going.
– Think of alternatives to the alcoholic drinks and get them at home.
– Stop buying a large stock of wine, beer, etc. Make sure your (refrigerator) is empty on March 6. Then you won't be tempted later.
– Determine how much money you can save by not drinking alcohol for 40 days and think of what you could do with that money.
– Take all empty bottles to the glass container so that nothing reminds you of your alcohol consumption.
– Rewards work better than punishments: promise yourself something nice when you have completed the 40 days.