Preparing for IkPas
On January 1, you put your alcohol consumption on a break. 'Don't drink a drop' for 30 days. For some a cinch, for others it will be more difficult. Good preparation is half the job. We are happy to give you some tips so that you can get off to a flying start.
– Try to reduce your alcohol consumption in the coming period. Then the transition is smaller.
– Invite your partner, family, friends and colleagues to participate. If you have one or more buddies in January, it's easier.
– Whether or not they participate: tell as many people in your area as possible that you will put your alcohol consumption on a break from 1 January. Some social control can help you keep it going.
– Think of alternatives to the alcoholic drinks and get them at home.
– Stop buying a large stock of wine, beer, etc. Make sure your (refrigerator) is empty at the end of the year. Then you won't be tempted later.
– Determine how much money you can save by not drinking alcohol for a month and think of what you could do with that money.
– Take all empty bottles to the glass container so that nothing reminds you of your alcohol consumption.
– Rewarding works better than punishment: promise yourself something nice when you have completed the 30 days.